{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same domain, different hosts for site and blog
Hi!
We're using an old platform for our web shop that do not support havin' a blog. Nor will they create a folder and just dump a WP-install there for us to use. We are about to change to another platform but this transition takes time since it's a complex system interacting with our business system. But I wanna start a blog NOW to try and make some money on Christmas shoppers.

Since using example.com/domain is better SEO-vise, than using separate domains for shop and blog, I wonder if there are a way to achieve this. Could example.com point to 111.222.333.shop and example.com/blog point to 111.222.333.blog and Google treat them as one when it comes to search result ranking. Will the visitor only see example.com/blog or will they get "redirected" to ourblogdomain.com?

If I choose to go for a new, temporary, host for the blog, registering theblogforoursite.com, will this somehow damage our ranking if we in the future move the blog to example.com/blog and let theblogforoursite.com redirect there?

Thanks
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
http://holborn-assets.pissedconsumer.com
you should use new concepts rather than old ones... iam really confuse by your post
leomaster Android Privacy app
What are you trying to explain???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to choose the best domain name and site? GustavoWoltmann 0 44 01-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: GustavoWoltmann
Smile Best Domain Name for My Brand New Site. krafa 0 107 01-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Last Post: krafa
Thumbs Up Register Your Domain at TEMOK With Special Discount For Limited Time | .COM .SITE tk-hassan 0 61 09-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  Can domain registrar change domain ownership illegally? farzana 3 613 07-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: khushbu123
  TEMOK.COM - Cheap Domain Registration - Instant Activation - Domain Theft Protection tk-hassan 0 280 09-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan