{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Wine the Cycling
what a brilliant stage today in Paris-Nice and a superb ride by Geraint Thomas and his Sky team Should be a fine No 2 and Plan B for Sky in Le Tour !! Think G can win the TdF? I'd like to see it but I'm not sure. It's going to be a tough year in the mountains if Chavez is also in the mix as well as the other big names.All the more impressive because his co-escapees must have known what was coming but could do nothing about it. Almost a carbon copy of his Vuelta stag win a few years ago.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Who ends up in Africa (I think Tanzania or Zimbabwe but could be wrong) he coaches cyclists from lical misfits and outcasts ends up forming a team that enters the African tour .De Montille was very impressive with their reds too. The Beaune, Volnay and Pommard premier crus all excelling. Liked Chandon de Brailles, Faiveley & Berthaut-Gerbet too. The Faiveley Mercurey La Framboisiere was very special for the price but I think (prices not released as yet) that the Berthaut-Gerbet Fixin Arvelets would probably be my joint red of the night with the Beaune Les Sizes from de Montille.
(04-14-2019, 10:39 PM)oxidanttop Wrote:  Who ends up in Africa (I think Tanzania or Zimbabwe but could be wrong) he coaches cyclists from lical misfits and outcasts ends up forming a team that enters the African tour .De Montille was very impressive with their reds too. The Beaune, Volnay and Pommard premier crus all excelling. Liked Chandon de Brailles, Faiveley & Berthaut-Gerbet too. The Faiveley Mercurey La Framboisiere was very special for the price but I think (prices not released as yet) that the Berthaut-Gerbet Fixin Arvelets would probably be my joint red of the night with the Beaune Les Sizes from de Montille.

That's one of the tricky things about these tastings. Those that seemed ready now are still pretty unlikely to seem so once they arrive, not just a matter of going through the bottling process but also of the profoundly non linear maturation curve.
John - if the 2017 Sizies ends up being like the 2007, it will be delightful. I think that when the de Montille style intersects with a lighter vintage it's a very happy marriage. I bought six packs of the Sizies and Greves 2007s and they're beautifully transparent wines.
(04-14-2019, 10:41 PM)fondue Wrote:  John - if the 2017 Sizies ends up being like the 2007, it will be delightful. I think that when the de Montille style intersects with a lighter vintage it's a very happy marriage. I bought six packs of the Sizies and Greves 2007s and they're beautifully transparent wines.

I couldn't agree more. I have quite a bit of Sizies, all from supposedly 'lesser' vintages (incl. 2007). They have all been a joy to drink, especially once they attain 8 or so years in bottle.
Memorable meals ar all concerning finding the correct recipes, freshest ingredients, spectacular guests and an ideal wine match. while not the correct combine, you run the danger of your meal falling flat. If you're a food fan, then you'd undoubtedly appreciate a fine food meal with the most effective appetizers, desserts, side items, and drinks that every one absolutely complement one another. After all, what to serve with food ought to revolve around one thing: the meal itself. one in every of the foremost necessary elements of an excellent food meal is what you drink with it

Perfect Meal Pairings

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top gift box supplier for your wine packaging MattBurditt1 0 8 02-17-2019, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MattBurditt1
  Red Tea Detox Scam? Or Legit? MattBurditt1 0 51 02-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Last Post: MattBurditt1
  Yay no more red skin/red cheeks for me. Gonta 0 306 04-24-2015, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Gonta