Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Describe your creative process. What are the major steps?

Describe your creative process. What are the major steps?

(08-02-2018, 06:42 PM)davidsmith21 Wrote:  Describe your creative process. What are the major steps?
First of all, i need to have a full concept on my mind and on paper in order to get ready and set things up. Next thing is a correct mood for being creative, as if you trying to force it, you will never get a decent result. At the finish line i usually have something like diamond painting - i adore doing something not digital with my own hands. I do digital design for living and getting tired of this from time to time, so creating real paintings is my relief, my way to feel like an artist again.
To create a certain mood i usually use some lounge music ( lofy hip hop is quite nice) and i'm strictly against using alcohol or other drugs to get started to create, it drives you away and will make you a junkie that won't be able to create without doping.
What are you people do to feel creative?

I love painting, but for some reason, I love it more when around is a mess. I feel like it calms me down and it makes me happy.

I like to paint when something inspires me. It can be nice weather, nice clothes, good coffee or a pleasant conversation. It puts me on a creative wave, and I imagine my future creation. In such a state, my mood immediately rises, and I'm ready to create. This was also the case this summer. One day on a hot day, an interesting idea came to me. I imagined it in detail and... Whoa! I got my hands on some gouache and my daughter's Halloween paint by numbers kits, and we sat down to paint for the day. Now I'm looking for inspiration and exciting ideas again.